Thursday, March 01, 2007



i look up to the sky
and see the birds fly
across the oceans they fly high
towards the land of the great King
passing the clouds, they flap their wings

how i admire such bravery
a jihad against desire oh what a journey
but here i am stuck on land
my life icy cold i weep that i can't
big wings small wings still they flap
through storm with lightning and thunderclap

Their imam, the wonderful Hoopoe lead the good Way
Indeed his blessed way, not leading astray
As they pass me my heart soared in dismay,
but what can i do i seemed forced to stay

Oh Great Hoopoe i pray inside me, you take me
on the journey as a companion i long to be
Fill my soul with burning Faith's fire
Not the damn soul destructing desire

Oh great Hoopoe if you could hear me
Please understand my disability
How do I join you on the journey up high
I am a penguin that cannot fly...

Rudy Djoharnaen
8:05 Singapore

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah.

Thank you for the beautiful poem :-)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you anon.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home